Sunday, March 16, 2014

Welcome to New York City!!

After work on Friday, I came home and finished packing (I know, I'm the worlds biggest procrastinator!) and hung out with my mom before she took us to the airport.

I kept saying I felt like I was forgetting something, and as we got everything packed in the car and was about to leave, 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' asked if I had our tickets: nope! That's what I was forgetting! I quickly ran back inside and grabbed them (right, dead-center on our counter- where I swore to myself I couldn't forget them!!;)) 

We made it to the airport with a ton of time to spare, so we grabbed dinner at the new Four Peaks restaurant. Before we knew it, we were boarding the plane, taking selfies!! ;) 
We totally lucked out and had the whole row to ourselves, which meant we could try to stretch out a little bit and sleep (in some of the most awkward positions ever!) Since it was a night flight, they turned off the lights and the time flew by!

We got into NYC at 5:15 in the morning- way too earlier for anything, especially trying to find your luggage and navigate around a new city!
We found a taxi and headed for our hotel- 60 LES, in the lower east side. Best. Hotel. EVER!! Not only was the location ideal, but they let us check in 6:00am when we got there, instead of having to wait until the regular check-in time of 11am, with no fee or charge! Everyone was so incredibly nice too. Great place- highly recommend it! Oh, and the view wasn't bad either. ;)
This was our view from the room right when we walked in (at 6am!)
And this was it when we woke up- GORGEOUS!
We immediately went to sleep and woke up surprisingly, somewhat early at 11am. We got ready and walked around for awhile. The weather was AMAZING! I was expecting it to be freezing, but it was actually pretty warm, which was perfect for exploring. We really didn't have a plan and it was nice to just kind of wandered around.
SO excited to be here!!
We made our way to Little Italy and Chinatown- both of which were so interesting! With all the signs in Chinese and unique stores, I really felt like I was in China!
After awhile, we were both starving! We made a pact before we left that we wanted to try new things and not eat anything we could get in Arizona. So we Yelped! and found that we were super close to Lombardi's pizzeria- who hasn't heard of them?! We figured we would see what all the hype was and try it.
It was good- nothing I was blown away by, but still really good. I liked how they used buffalo mozzarella cheese- but I felt like there wasn't enough of it.

After lunch, we walked back to our hotel and got ready for dinner with 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter's' sister, Mckenzie! We went to Public and it was amazing! We were SO beyond excited to see his sister (we haven't seen her in 4 years!) so it was great to catch up with her and hang out.
'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' snuck a picture of his dinner. haha!
After dinner we went to a couple different places and met one of her amazing/hilarious friend! Such an incredible night! We both are absolutely in love with New York and never want to leave!

On the way to the hotel, we stopped at a dessert cafe on the corner (remember how I said ideal location?:)) and got a cupcake!
Cupcakes in bed!! I need to start ending all my night like this!
Best day ever! I cannot believe we get to stay here for a whole week- it's going to be unforgettable! (P.S. I forgot my small/easy-to-carry camera, so forgive all the phone pictures. We're going to look around for a camera tomorrow, so stay tuned....

Do you like flying? I hate flying! I get really nervous and hang on to the arm rest for dear life! I usually end up getting sick at some point too. But I think I'm getting better, because I actually was able to sleep on this flight and didn't get sick!

Where's the last place you went on vacation?  

No comments:

Post a Comment