Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Hakuna Matata!!

Even though we really enjoyed Yotel, and we were supposed to stay another night, we decided to switch back to 60 LES. It really is that amazing, plus we both enjoyed the lower east side more than Manhattan- it's definitely less "touristy" too. (It also had a dessert shop right on the corner.... ;))

Once we checked out, we were able to use the robot again and store our luggage while we headed out for Central Park!! It has been on my bucket list to run through Central Park- so I was beyond excited for this! We got there and ran a loop around the whole park. (Since 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' is faster than me, we didn't stay together, but we did keep seeing each other throughout the park. It was pretty cool!)
Such an amazing run! The scenery was absolutely gorgeous- I loved running across all the little bridges and seeing all the surrounding buildings. I was so surprised at how many squirrels there were! And they were 100% fearless- they would come running right at me and I didn't know what to do! haha!
How gorgeous is this?!
I think I ran about 6.5 miles and then met 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' back where we started. We hit up a couple food carts and wandered around for awhile. We eventually made the hotel switch and got ready for the night.

We were going to check another thing off my bucket list... The Lion King on Broadway!!
To say I was excited for this would be the understand of the year! I had been looking for tickets since we got to New York and finally stumbled across some cheap tickets online (FYI folks, the "brokers" and ticket sales booths on the street were twice the price of what I found online.) And for getting our tickets the day before the show- our seats were amazing! Dead center in the third row from the stage. 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' loved that fact that he could see could see the conductor below the stage. :)
The show was absolutely incredible! I would see it again in a heart beat! The performers were so talented and the costumes were insane! Such an awesome experience! (And during intermission, 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' said we need to go to more of these when they come to Arizona. :) Made my night!!)

I got 2 things checked off my bucket list today AND I ended the night with a cannoli  in bed! Doesn't get better than this! :)

Have you ever seen a musical? Do you like them? 

What's your favorite Disney movie? 

No comments:

Post a Comment