Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I can't believe we just did this...

So this just happened....

'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' and I just registered for Ironman New Zealand!! I am still in shock!

Let me back up a little bit....

A couple weeks ago, a friend of ours mentioned that he was thinking about doing it with some friends, and renting a house for the week and asked if we would be interested. 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' said it sounded amazing and he would really love to do it (you know, like you say you'd love to win the lottery- you don't expect it to actually happen!!)

Well, earlier this week, the same friend said they rented the house and there was room for us. We talked about it and decided that this is one of those once-in-a-lifetime opportunities and we just couldn't pass it up!

Since Ironman Arizona sells out in less than 40 seconds, we were all anxiously waiting on our computers and work and registered and minute it finally opened at 3PM! (I had a minor heart-attack when my card got declined because of international restrictions! I quickly had to call my bank and approve the transaction!)

But we all got in and are headed to New Zealand next year! Guess that means I need to get a passport! ;) And Ironman New Zealand is only 4 months after Ironman Arizona- so that will be fun! haha!

Have you ever left the country? Where did you go?

What's the most spontaneous thing you've ever done?

No comments:

Post a Comment