Thursday, March 20, 2014

My all time favorite run ever!!

Happy First day of Spring!! Lot's of bright colors around here! :)
We did a lot of walking around today because tonight we are going to Brooklyn to stay with 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter's' sister.

We walked down to the financial district and saw the World Trade Memorial Center. Then walked back and had lunch (for the second day in a row!) at Katz' Deli. 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' absolutely LOVED this place- he said it was the best pastrami sandwich he ever had in his whole life! Very old school style where they give you a sample of the meat before they make your sandwich, and they fill everything out on a ticket and you pay at the end. I got a turkey sandwhich and chicken noodle soup both days- seriously SO good!
After that, we went back to the hotel and packed up to head to Brooklyn to stay with his sister. We had the BEST cab ride ever on our way too!! Along the way, you know we had to stop for snacks! :)
There was purple glitter on all of it! SO, so good!
Once we got there, Mckenzie's boyfriend, Sam, was getting ready to go out for a run. I asked if I could join him and the next thing I knew- all 4 of our were going out for a run.
OH.MY.GOSH! I still cannot believe how incredible this run was! We left their house and ran about a half mile and this was our view.....
I wish this was my daily running path!
We ran along the water and around a park (that is right on the water- how cool is that?!) and then tuned around and headed back. I want to run this every single day, forever! It was so beautiful! I'm glad we went at sunset, because seeing the New York skyline was amazing!!
SO happy to see them together- especially running!! ;)
Once we got back, we all showered and headed out for dinner at The Flying Lobster. The food was really good and the company was amazing! Both Mckenzie and Sam have some of the most interesting stories, I loved spending so much time with them!

We went back to their place and watched a movie. It was so fun just to hang out and relax. I will definitely miss this!!

Where was your favorite run? 

How many miles do you usually run weekly? 

No comments:

Post a Comment