Monday, March 17, 2014

We already want to move here!!

We woke up pretty late on Sunday- which felt so good to sleep in! I can't remember the last time we both slept in- usually we are up earlier on the weekends than during the week with training. We walked around the city some more and made our way down Brodway. (We also randomly passed a Best Buy and I was able to get a small camera- thank gosh!)
I was so obsessed with all the different street art! It seemed like there was a masterpiece on every corner. I absolutely LOVE all of it- I could walk around forever! We decided to make our way to Time Square and stopped and had lunch on the way- again the food was OK, but nothing great. (I think I was really expecting to be blown away by the food here, I'm not sure why?)
Time Square was awesome- definitely one of the things we wanted to see while we're here. It's crazy that even with all the tourist and everything going on, there was still a lot of regular people going to and from work in that environment. I couldn't imagine trying to commute and deal with that daily! Very hectic!
We went into a few of the stores including the Disney store and got some stuff for my niece and nephew. And then look who we ran into....
We were meeting 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter's' sister again for dinner, so we headed back to the hotel to get ready. We of course, had to stop at Crumb's on the way back and grab some cupcakes for later. :)
We went to another amazing dinner with his sister and met her boyfriend, Sam for the first time- such an awesome guy! They are so perfect together! They picked us up and we had dinner in Brooklyn, so it was pretty awesome to drive across the Brooklyn bridge and see a different city. The food was great and the company was incredible. It was one of those nights that I don't think I'll ever forget. :) SO upset I didn't take any pictures!!

The next day, we switched hotels to Ink48. We wanted to stay in a few different hotels around the city, so we could explore different areas. This one was in the heart of Manhattan, the view from our hotel was insane!
We checked in and headed out. While we were walking around 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' randomly saw a sign for DC Cupcakes!! I absolutely LOVE that show and we continued to follow the signs down an escalator, through a museum, and up some stairs to get there. (Hey, whatever it takes, right?! ;))
We went back to our hotel and had such a hard time finding a place that was still open for dinner! Everything was already closed- including room service!! We ended up finding a place and got some food (and of course dessert). After dinner we walked back down to Time Square to see it at night- absolutely incredible! The lights, the people, everything- so amazing! Definitely a lot different than any place I've ever been before!!
And since it's St. Patrick's Day, here in the city I had to buy the iconic 'I heart NY' shirt with a shamrock, right?!
When in Rome.... ;)

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Did you do anything super festive today? 

What's your favorite holiday? 

No comments:

Post a Comment