Monday, March 3, 2014

Finally celebrating Valentine's Day!

After the PHX Marathon, we came home and took hot showers and headed to favorite Biscuit's for a late brunch. Oh. My. Gosh! So, so good! I don't know if it was because I was so hungry after running or if it was just that good- but everything was amazing!

After brunch, we went home and really did nothing all afternoon- it was fabulous! I love staying inside, under a blanket, watching TV on cold, rainy days.
Can you tell he LOVES taking selfies with me?! ;)
Later on, we finally stopped watching TV and got ready for our Valentine's Day date! We originally had reservations at House Of Tricks, but because of the rain (it's an outdoor restaurant) we decided to go to Roy's at the last minute. We couldn't find our umbrella, so when we were walking out (onto the rain), 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' handed me a plastic bag....? I asked him what it was for, and he told me to put it over my head so I didn't get wet- I was laughing so hard I cried- especially when I saw he modified his bag to have holes to see through. :)

As we walked in and sat down at our table (keep in mind, this is a pretty nice restaurant), I heard some crazy rap music, and it appeared to be coming from 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter'! I asked him if that was his phone make noise. He assured me it was and began to pull out his phone out of his pocket. As he did so, it got louder- "Christmas in Harlem" was now serenading the restaurant! He quickly turned it off- as I died laughing!

All of the food was SO delicious! And the chocolate lava cake for dessert- perfection! I'm already wanting to go back!

Once we got home, we changed into pajamas and watched a movie. Such an amazing day with 'Mr. Spirnkles and Glitter'. I am SO lucky to have such a great guy by my side- although neither of us had the race we wanted that morning, he completely made the rest of the day amazing in every way.

*Valentine's Day- love it or hate it? 

*Do you have any traditions for Valentine's day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment