Monday, June 1, 2015

Here we go again...

Today is officially 'day 1' of my Ironman training!! I am beyond excited to start training again, and after not having the best year last year, I'm really hoping to make this the best year yet.
I definitely think I went into last years Ironman under trained. Between my brother's wedding, sister's wedding, and my dad's cancer, I was constantly traveling back and fourth to Colorado and missed out on a lot of long weekend rides/runs/swims. I only did one 100 miler before Ironman (the previous year I did 4) and it definitely showed in my performance on race day.
I'm really hoping to focus on my training this year and give it 110%. I want to go into this race knowing that I did everything possible to be prepared and give it my best. I'm excited!!

To kick off training, 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' found a new pair of bike shoes for me and I absolutely LOVE them! (Plus they happen to be white, which is my favorite color!)
'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' put this photo on my bike the night before my first Ironman and I loved being able to look down during the race and see him. It's been on ever since. :)

Here we again guys, I can't believe it's already that time again!

*Anyone else racing Ironman Arizona this year? 

*How long do you train for a race?

No comments:

Post a Comment