Sunday, June 7, 2015

Weekend getaway!!

This weekend 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' and I took a trip up to Flagstaff to get in some elevation training for his upcoming half ironman race in Boulder, Colorado.

I woke up early Saturday morning to go to the TriPlex workout at 8:00am. Brutal workout and it was already extremely hot outside!
Once I finished, I came home and 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' was still sleeping. So I decided to shower and lay down for 'just a few minutes' before getting ready to leave.....

2 HOURS LATER, we were finally leaving for Flagstaff. We stopped and got lunch on the way at Whole Foods and made it up there in the early afternoon.

We checked into the hotel and headed to Buffalo Park for our long run. Since 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter's' training is longer than mine right now, I just decided to run as long as I could or until he stopped. I ended up running until he stopped and got in 8.2 miles and felt like I could have kept going forever! I absolutely LOVE these types of runs! It felt amazing! The weather was perfect and I love the 2 mile dirt loop at Buffalo Park.
We finished the run and headed back to the hotel to shower and relax before getting dinner. We tried a new brewery that we've never been to before for dinner and it was pretty good. After dinner 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' pulled into the Olive Garden parking lot and asked if I wanted to get dessert to go-- BEST. IDEA. EVER!!

We were still full from dinner, so we ordered and then went back to our hotel and ate it while watching a movie. This is the stuff that perfect days are made of. Love him!
We woke up Sunday and checked out of the hotel and headed to Lake Mary for our long bike ride. I ended up getting in 40 miles and then waited for 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' to finish his ride. I laid out while he did a short swim and then we grabbed Five Guys for lunch before heading back to town.
It was such a fun weekend with this guy, I loved every second of it especially the cooler weather!!
*What did you do this weekend?

*What do you do to stay cool when training outside? 

No comments:

Post a Comment