Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Adventurous eating!

Today was one of 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter's' best friends 40th Birthday!! Happy Birthday Jeremy!!

His wife Patti, started planning for this back in Decemeber at their works' Christmas party! She gave him the option to have a party or to go to a super nice, fancy dinner. He chose the fancy dinner (good choice!) and we got to tag along as a surprise!

He had no idea we were coming and we were supposed to be at the restaurant, Nobu, at 5:45 to beat them getting there at 6. Patti texted and said they left a little bit earlier and traffic was not cooperating!
We got there at about 5:40 and as we were rushing through the parking garage, 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' thought he saw their car. So we immediately jump behind the nearest car to hide! (yeah.... totally wasn't them....)
We quickly ran to the restaurant a few blocks away- seriously so hard in high heels! and were so happy to have beaten them! We got seated just minutes before they got there and he was totally surprised! It was awesome!

Since the guys wanted to try everything on the menu, we decided we would order a ton of stuff and just share everything. Which ended up working out perfectly because all the dishes came out with 4 pieces/bites of everything.

((If you know me, you know that I am an EXTREMELY picky eater and hardly ever try new things. I was pretty nervous going into this dinner, and even more nervous when I realized all but 2 of the dishes we ordered were seafood/sushi type dishes- which I typically don't like.))

The first plate came out and they offered me a spoon, I couldn't exactly turn it down.... we were in a SUPER fancy restaurant and it was his birthday! 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' was shocked-- I was too when I realized I just ate octupus! haha! (I think 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' was hoping I wouldn't want to eat a lot of the stuff so he could have 2 of everything! ;))

I am proud to say I tried everything that we ordered! Octupus, raw fish, OYSTERS!!! I freaking tried an oyster!! I've never eaten anything like this stuff before and 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' was super proud! :)
From my Instagram. 

We finished the night with some chocolate mouse that was sooo good!  It was such a fun night!

Happy Birthday Jeremy! I'm so glad we got to celebrate with you! I hope this year is the best year yet for you!!

*Are you a picky eater? 

*When's your birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment