Friday, June 27, 2014

Literally the hardest hike I've ever done!

Yesterday after work I flew into Denver and took a 2 hour shuttle ride (should of only been an hour) to Fort Collins, Colorado for my brothers wedding this weekend!! To say I am beyond excited is an understatement!!

Once I finally made it to the hotel after the shuttle fiasco (the driver left someone's luggage in the middle of an empty parking lot!) I hung out with my parents and sister for awhile and then went to bed.

When I woke up today, I went back to my parents hotel room and my brother brought us all breakfast burritos- SO good!! And then we set off for a hike with a large group from the wedding up to where my brother purposed to his fiance, Shala. **It all sounded so good in theory..... ;)
We started the hike and about 15 minutes in, my cousin Jess (she is like a sister to me) and I were already wondering when the first snack break was going to be. It was tough!! Luckily, her husband Damion works for Frito Lays and had a backpack full of goodies! 

After awhile, we reach an area with a huge rock overlooking a beautiful reservoir. We were all so excited- thinking we had made it to the top! We were enjoying the view and snapping some pictures when someone said we should keep going. Keep going where? Back down? We were definitely surprised to find out that we were barley halfway!!
Nothing like being the 7th wheel!! :)
We kept going straight up and took lots of breaks. we kept saying we were going to stop and head back to the cars but we kept going. We eventually got separated from the group, but they were nice enough to leave us an 'arrow' made of rocks when we got to a fork in the road. ;)

We went on a little bit further and my sister and Jess decided to head back down to the car while Damion, Tommy, and I were determined to reach the top. (Some points, we were literally on our hands and knees crawling straight up!) But.... WE MADE IT!!!!
We finally reached the top as our original group was just about to head back down. We were so high up (I'm scared or heights) but it was gorgeous! I( felt like we were closer to the clouds in the sky than we were to the ground!
So gorgeous!! 
Our way back was WAY faster than the way up, and it started to sprinkle a little bit which was REALLY refreshing! We went to the brides parents house and had bratwurst for lunch and then my sisters family, cousins, and I headed out to the best cupcakery in town for a snack!! The rain nor the hail stopped us from getting these bad boys! SO good!

Do you like hiking? 

What's your favorite cupcake flavor? 

No comments:

Post a Comment