Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Meet the Militia

 So I've mentioned before that I've done some running/training with the Mudder Militia. What's the Mudder Militia you ask? It's our team for the TOUGH MUDDER!! (I really pushed for the name to be Sprinkles and Glitter- but no one would go for it and they wanted a more 'tough sounding' name. I don't know about you- but I think Sprinkles and Glitter sounds pretty tough to me! ;))

What's the TOUGH MUDDER you ask? It's a 10-13 mile trail run with over 20 obstacles! These are not your ordinary- jump over a hurdle obstacle, these are crazy/insane/terrifying obstacles!! For example, you have to climb a 30 foot wooden wall, then when you get to the top... you have to jump off into cold water! (I am terrified of heights so this is probably the scariest one for me!) Then there is the lovely electric shock obstacles that you have to go through TWICE! I don't know who wants to go through it at all let alone TWICE! The first time you have to crawl on your hands and knees (in mud and under barb wire) through the hanging electric wires- sounds like a great time right?! And then just in case you didn't get shocked enough, the last obstacle you have to RUN through the mud and the electrical wires to get to the finish line. To say I am absolutely terrified would be an understatement.

Anyways, since it is coming up next weekend, our team: the Mudder Militia, has gotten together a couple times to 'train'. The first time we got together we ran up a mountain in the pouring rain. ('Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' had a picture of us- but lost it when he got a new phone. :( ) Then we got together at a playground, where we would run a 1/2 mile loop and then do some 'obstacles' on the playground like the monkey bars, climbing UP the slide, and then finishing with 12 push ups. We repeated 10 times so we did 5 miles total. It was pretty fun and we got some weird looks for the other kids on the playground.

Sunday was our last time getting together for a run and we did a hard 10 mile trail run. It was a lot of fun! We started after the birthday party so it was late afternoon. By the time we finished it was pitch black and 'Mr, Sprinkles and Glitter' was SO excited to actually use his new head light.

I think we're ready for the TOUGH MUDDER and I can't wait for next weekend- although I'm still terrified for some of the obstacles. We are having shirts made and everything!




Have any of you guys ever done a TOUGH MUDDER or an obstacle course race?

No comments:

Post a Comment