Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 By the Numbers!

2014 was a year full of peaks and valley's. I got a few things checked off my bucket list and had some really incredible experiences. I also had my entire world stop when my dad got diagnosed with cancer and then completely shattered when he passed away 4 months later. Here's the year by the numbers:
8- Days spent in New York visiting 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter's' sister. We definitely fell in love with the city and are planning to go back next year.
While there I checked 2 things off bucket list:
3rd row seats to see Lion King on Broadway and running 6.5 miles through Central Park!

We also waited 20 minutes for Frozen Hot Chocolate from Serendipity- where I was shocked to find out it wasn't actually hot.....

I consumed 1.3 pounds of frozen yogurt when I accidentally celebrated 'National Fro-Yo Day' twice.
30 days of Bikram Yoga completed.
Celebrated my nephew's 3rd birthday by watching Frozen for the 83rd time.
65 day hiatus from swimming after Ironman Arizona.
We added 4 hairy feet to our family on my birthday when 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' adopted Kona.
1 missed flight to Boise
739 miles traveled to Colorado to see my dad 4 times. You may remember this flight from hell from one of our first trips out there.
4 days spent in Fort Collins, Colorado for my brother's wedding- where I literally did the hardest 8 mile hike of my entire life!

Celebrated 3,287 days together 
5 of us signed up for Ironman New Zealand in March 2015 and started planning a once-in-a-lifetime 2 week vacation out there. I am beyond excited for trip!!
8 days spent in my hometown Las Animas, Colorado  Nik's wedding
3 times 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' came and not only found me on the run course after he finished his ironman- but he also ran with me!! 
Signed up for another 140.6 miles at Ironman Arizona for the 3rd time. 
13 races this year including 75 miles rode in Tour de Tucson for my first cycling race.
208 miles traveled (round trip) for our date night to see Beauty and Beast in Tucson.
6 cupcakes bought at the new Cupcake ATM
850.08 miles ran, 2,605.06 miles rode on the bike,and 113,025 meters swam.
The greatest man I ever knew passed away on his 17th wedding anniversary to my bonus-mom.

I definitely learned a lot and grew from 2014 and have some incredible memories from it. There are obviously somethings I wish I could change but I'm looking forward to 2015.
We have a several adventures planned throughout the year- including a few more checks on my bucket list! I'm excited.
Happy New Year Everyone!! 

What are your 2015 resolutions? Mine are to get outside of my comfort zone more (especially when training) retake my LSAT to apply for law school again.

No comments:

Post a Comment