Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 By the Numbers

I still cannot believe 2013 is over! This year literally went by SO fast! It was such an amazing/crazy/fun/fulfilling year for me. I accomplished things I never thought I could and had a ton of fun along the way! Here's a quick recap of this years numbers...

*21 races- the biggest one being my FIRST Ironman 140.6!!

*8 year anniversary with 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter'. Love him more than ever!
*196,000 meters swam- a lot of which were swimming back and fourth (back and fourth) in the pool. I can see the black line at the bottom of the pool just thinking about this.

*3,267.01 miles biked- yes we are counting that .01. ;)

*777.14 miles ran. Lucky 777, right? I did not plan this either. (My goal for 2014 is to hit at least 1,000 miles.)
Some of the miles were done on the new addition to our family- our tredmil!!
*4 hours spent waiting in line to meet Grumpy Cat!!

*Had a birthday and turned 25. Celebrated in Show Low and raced my first half Ironman the next day at Dueces Wild.
*'100 free kisses' punch card for Valentine's day! Best gift ever!!
*21 Obstacles we completed during Tough Mudder.
*72 hours spent in Colorado visiting family when my brother got engaged!

*0 Tattoos or piercing this year. This is by no fault of my own- when I tried to go get a piercing (behind my ear) and was sitting in the chair ready to go, and the guy said he couldn't do it because my skin wasn't loose enough? Weird right? (I'm also really surprised by the no tattoos- I thought I would for sure get an Ironman tattoo right after Ironman, but I still haven't gotten one.)

*1 brand new computer that 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' surprised me with. For no reason! He really is the best.

I have a feeling that 2014 is going to be an even better year with amazing things to come! 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' and I are going to New York City in March for 11 days to visit his sister- I am BE-YOND excited for this! I've never been to NYC, so I'm glad we will have his sister as a personal tour guide while we are there. ;) Plus, we are both doing Ironman Arizona again. We've both done an Ironman before but never together, so the training together should be pretty interesting.

Happy New Year's Everyone!! 

Do you have any New Year's Resolutions?
I have a few but 2 of the big ones are to set monthly obtainable goals every month and to blog more!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment