Thursday, January 23, 2014

Birthday Bash!

My sister always tells me I only blog about racing and tells me to blog about other stuff. (Apparently, not everyone is 100% into running and racing... who-woulda-thought?!) SOO- I'm going blog about something completely unrelated and blog about her BIRTHDAY!!
Photobombed by our own mother! haha!
Today was her birthday and she turned 27! (Fun Fact: her and my step-brother are only 16 days apart. He turned 27 on January 7th. Crazy!)

Since my sisters husband was out of town working for the week, we decided to just do a small family dinner tonight. We went to Kona Grill at the mall. (Another Fun Fact: Kona Grill was were 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' and I went for our first date!)
Dinners with these people are extremely entertaining! Everyone got chopsticks and we tried to teach the kids (and my sister!) how to use them for the first time.
I swear I'm going to start bring my camera with me so I don't always have these amazing blurry phones pics.
My niece loved them so much she even ate her chicken strips and macaroni with them! ;)
Meanwhile, boys will be boys and tried to see who could eat the most wasabi.... I don't think there was a winner.... ;)
I got my sister my favorite (also her favorite) cupcake and the cutest card with confetti and glitter in in!!
Since I was actually wearing something other than running clothes and took about 5 minutes to put on some make-up I needed to document it and tried to get a picture with 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter'.... this is how taking pictures with him always is!!
From my Instagram: TeamSprinklesAndGlitter
My niece, Taytum was extremely unimpressed with his funny faces... haha! She kills me with her facial expressions sometimes.
After dinner we walked around the mall and all took turns carrying my niece and my nephew. Carsen must of been feeling left out because 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' ended up giving him a piggy back ride to the car.

Happy Birthday Nik, (her name is Nikole but I've never called her that). You are by far the best sister anyone could ever have and I am truly grateful for our relationship- I really don't think there is anything else that compares to it. (Last Fun Fact: we shared a twin bed (with 2 dogs) until my senior year of high school. We both had our our rooms- with our own beds, but we turned one of the rooms into our personal closet and used the bed to layout our outfits.)

Do you have any siblings? How many? I have 2- 1(step) brother and 1 sister.

Are you the youngest or oldest? I'm the youngest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment