Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day of Peace 5K!!

Happy International Day of Peace!

 
My friend (runningfrida) came up with the idea to get a group of our friends together and do a 5K today and promote One Day of Peace. We all met at a local park and wore white. I brought a bag of chalk and we stopped every so often to draw a peace sign or 'One Day of Peace' on the sidewalk. (Since we are both racing tomorrow it was nice to take it easy and have a fun run with friends!)

The group!
 






The park we chose was also having some sort of carnival party going on that they were just starting to set up when we got there. I saw this sign....
 
 
I have no idea what the heck a Catfish Rodeo is but I was dying to find out. I've never heard of anything like that. I was hoping I would see someone try to lasso a catfish but they were still setting up when we left. :/ I still don't know what it is.... anyone know?

I hope this turns into a yearly thing that we do and gets bigger and bigger promoting peace. Now I'm off to packet pickup to get my stuff for the race tomorrow and drop off my bike!! Woohoo!! 
Hope you all have a FANTASTIC weekend!!
 
 
Anyone else racing the Nathan's Triathlon tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment