Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day X's 4!!

Happy Mother's Day to you mothers out there! Hope you all have an amazing day and get to relax a little. :) 

This year for mother's day, my sister, mom, niece and I all went and got our nails done. Then my mom came over for a BBQ for dinner. My niece was SO excited to get her nails done and picked the pink polish with sparklies on top. She absolutely LOVED it!! 


Turns out having a 4-year old take your picture is pretty hard! ;)

I am extremely lucky to not only have 1 amazing mom but 3 extra amazing 'mothers' in my life.

My mom is seriously the best. I know you all have seen a sample of how wonderful she is here on the blog... remember her following me on my 20 mile run in the beach cruiser? (where she thought I could run 10 miles an hour?!) Then there was that time she woke up at 3am to come pick me up and take me to a friends house so we could get in one last training run before it got too hot outside. She is amazing. I know that she would do anything for me and always has. There is never a dull moment with her and she is so much fun to be around. She constantly makes me laugh! I think she's the one who's taught me to laugh at everything and to enjoy life. She's a little out there but she puts 100% into everything she does and has taught me to do the same. She is seriously the bestest!



Then I have my stepmom 'bonus-mom' Brenda. She's been married to my dad for almost 16 years and is one of the most giving/caring people I know. My parents got divorced when I was little and me and my sister used to live with my mom in AZ for the school year and then go out to my dads/'bonus moms' in CO for the summers. Brenda would work all day and then come home and do yard work, garden, help a family member/neighbor with something, and then cook a homemade dinner for our family. Every. Single. Night. Not only that but she would somehow have all the laundry done, the house cleaned, and make breakfast the next morning. She was always doing things for everyone else. Looking back, I don't know how she did/does it all and she never once complained. Not only that, but she has worked her entire life with veterans and devotes everything she has not only to her family but to 'her guys' as she calls them. It's not just a job to her, she really cares about them and treats them as if they were apart of her family. She always makes sure they have what they need and are taken care- just like she does for her family. She amazes me.



Next I have my fairy-godmother/Monkeyhead, Michelle. Technically she is my godmother but she is so great I add the 'fairy' part. ;) She has been my moms best friend since they were in the sixth grade! My mom even gave my sister Michelle as a middle name because of her. (I got my middle name after a dog.... yeah I know. But according to my mom it was a really cool dog.... I don't buy it either.) She works hard and I think I get a lot of my work ethics from her. She has worked extremely hard to get to where she is at today but she also enjoys life and takes some pretty amazing trips and vacations. She's taught me the importance of good credit and to work hard for things that you want. But she's also inspired me to want to travel and see the world. I not only envy her hard work (and good credit) but also her experiences in life. She's been to some pretty cool places and done some pretty cool things.



Lastly, there is my sister. I know she isn't personally MY mom but she is a mom. A damn good mom. We talk on the phone several times throughout the day and she literally cracks me up with the kind of mom that she is. One minute the kids are laughing and playing and the next minute she is shouting that she is going to call 'Mr. Monster' if they don't be nice to each other. She cracks me up! Her kids are not perfect, they run outside in their underwear when I pull up to give me hugs and sometimes their hair/clothes is a little wild.... but they are the sweetest kids. What I love most is how she raises her kids to be so confident and innocent. When I tell my niece she is beautiful she responds with 'I know!'. Not because she thinks she's gorgeous (in her 'jammies with the stain on them), but because my sister tells her daily that she IS beautiful. They don't say they 'can't' do anything because my sister doesn't allow them to and lets them know they CAN do anything. She's the kind of mom I hope to be someday. Love you toots!  
She's either a really bad jumper or a really good bunny! ;)

I am very lucky to have such amazing women in my life. What did you all do for Mother's Day??

No comments:

Post a Comment