Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Very Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Everyone! Hope you all are able to enjoy the holidays with family and friends. We had a GREAT Christmas this year. 

We woke up and opened presents at our house and then headed over to my sisters house (still in our pajamas) to open presents with my family and have breakfast. My sister made chocolate chip pancakes (which were ahhh-mazing!!), eggs, and seasoned potatoes. 


It was so fun to watch the kids open their presents and get so excited over everything. Everything except, my presents. I've gotten them saving bonds for every birthday and Christmas since they were born. They definitely don't notice (or miss) a gift from me since they have such a large family (including FOUR sets of grandparents!!) but on their 18th birthday, I'm sure they'll be thrilled with the $$ that's piled up. My niece some how managed to con 'Mr. Sprinkles-and-Glitter' into opening her Barbie dream house for her- which came with approx. 340,940,038 different pieces that all had to be individually cut off and opened. I don't know how he did it- but she patiently waited as he cut off and opened each little piece.



My family knows me so well and wrapped all of my presents in wrapping paper that had cupcakes on it!! It was seriously awesome! 


'Mr. Sprinkles-and-Glitter' totally spoiled me and hooked me up with a TON of great stuff I'm going to need for this upcoming year/ Ironman! He gave me tires, pedals and shoes (that are all blue and match!) for my bike- so I could stop using the mountain biking pedals and his old mountain biking shoes! 
He also got me another iPod since mine has worked in forever and I may or may not have lost it. So I am totally pumped to try everything out on my bike and go out for a long run and test out the iPod. (Just need to have him install everything and then figure out to work the iPod for me;) I don't know what I would do without him!!) 

After we finished with the presents, the boys started building a swing set for my niece and nephew in the backyard and we may-or-may-not have had a dance party to a beat similar to 'hot-cross-buns' with my niece, where she instructed us to do the can-can and ring-around-the-rosey. I'm pretty sure there is video of this somewhere, I'll have to try to find it. 

After the dance party
Once we left my sisters house, we came home and did nothing but play with all our new stuff, eat way to much candy, and watched a movie. It was great. 


What did you guys do for Christmas? Hope you all had a great Christmas too!

No comments:

Post a Comment