Monday, December 24, 2012

Party at my house!

I had to work a half day today and when I got off I finished some shopping (horrible idea to wait to the last minute! I tell myself every year I'm not going to wait till the last minute... but there I was, Christmas Eve- waiting in a line a mile long to check out. Maybe next year...)


Once I finally made it home and got all my gifts wrapped (Yes, I am the world's biggest procrastinator), me and 'Mr-Sprinkles-and-Glitter' started cooking. This picture pretty much sums up how all the cooking goes in our house. I am really excited and pretend like I know what I'm doing- but in reality, he does all the hard work. ;) I did however manage to break our garbage disposal! After 7 years of Jasen telling me not to put potato skin down the disposal... I now know why. (A full bottle of Drain-O and 36 hours later- it was back up and running!:))



A few days ago, me and 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' were picking up a couple things at Basha's and I saw these really super cute Santa paper plates- I thought they would be so great for our Christmas Eve dinner. I ended up not buying them because I got distracted by witnessing a lady 'texting-while-pushing-her-shopping-cart' knock over an entire display of 2 liter soda's and she flooded the aisle!! 

Well, I really didn't want to do dishes couldn't get over how cute those plates were, and I looked at other stores- but they didn't have anything other than red or green paper plates- BOOOORING!! So, 3pm on Christmas Eve I went back to Basha's and bought the super cute Santa plates WITH the matching napkins! :)

Super cute plates right?!

After we ate dinner, the real excitement started: cookie decorating! I don't know what happened with the cookies- I used the store brand sugar cookie dough, and when I baked them- they blew up! You couldn't even tell what shape they were supposed to be. :/



The 9 different kinds of sprinkles were definitely a hit with the kids! Apparently the proper ratio of sprinkles to cookie is 5:1. ;)
I promise there is a cookie somewhere under those sprinkles! 
Also caught my niece red-handed eating the frosting out of the bowl! LOL!


I may or may not have put the frosting's in the little bags and forgot to close them all the way so when they went to ice their cookies frosting came out both ends all over their hands. Just a little large, colorful, sticky mess- no biggie! Several paper towels later.....  ;)



All the cookies are decorated, we've left some out for Santa- with the world's largest cup of milk- full to the tip-top, and are off to bed. I hope everyone has an amazing holiday! 




No comments:

Post a Comment