Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope everyone had a great day eating tons of good food. :)

This year, since it was only 4 days after Ironman, 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' and I decided we would do Thanksgiving at our house- just the two of us. (We did it last year and it was great! Plus the left overs are amazing!) 

Well, Wednesday rolled around, and we still hadn't bought any of the groceries. So, we decided it would be easier if we just went to my sisters house and eat all her food. I told her I would bring deviled eggs, green bean casserole, and a pumpkin cheesecake. 

I woke up on Thanksgiving, and poor 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' was sick! Not only was he sick, but he couldn't taste anything- worst kind of sickness to get on Thanksgiving, right?! 

I made all the stuff I was supposed to and packed up and headed over to my sisters sans 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter'. (But I did promise to bring him lots of left overs!) I should have known the way things were going to turn out at my sisters house when she called me on the way asking me to bring some forks....?!?! 

Dinner turned out to be surprisingly good- considering the fact that when my mom called my sister the night before Thanksgiving, and my sister still had the turkey in the freezer?! (She's pretty new to the whole cooking/hosting gig.) 

I did get the best seat at the table (and one of the few REAL seats- others used camping chairs, an office chair, and an ottoman) and was able to sit next to my 4-year-old niece, who did not want any of the food we had there and wanted the only thing we didn't have: broccoli  She also told me she didn't like the whipped cream I put on top of her chocolate milk- after she ate it all off. Kids.... :)




After dinner was done, my sister literally packed our things for us and kicked us out. You see, she is one of those crazy people who goes and waits in line for ridiculous amounts of time on Black Friday.... or I guess Black Thursday now since it starts on Thanksgiving?! She loves waiting in these long lines with complete strangers all night- but do you think she came with me when I went to register for Ironman?! Nope. I told her it would be a like a 'practice round' of Black Friday, but she didn't buy it. Even though, a couple years ago she some how forced me into going with her. I ended up freezing- even though I had 20 layers on, and sleeping on my yoga mat on the sidewalk outside of Target. Oh, it was great. Then when we finally got in (6 hours later...), we both were buying a TV they were having a really good sale on, and some crazy-lady tried to steal our cart, saying we stole her TV. Like I said, it was real great. While she kicking us out, we snapped a couple photos and I headed home.

My niece, me, my sister, my mom, and my adorable nephew (LOVE his smile- haha!!)

Me and my lovely sister
 When I got home, I gave 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' the left overs- along with some homemade chicken noodle soup, and forced asked him to take a picture with me. And why yes, I did have the zoom all the way on- but beggars can't be chooser can we?! ;)


This is quality folks. If anyone needs photos taken... you know who to call! ;)


HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment