Saturday, November 17, 2012

Chalk it up...

So tomorrow is the big race day- not for me but for my fiance, Jasen (AKA Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter). 
He is doing his 1ST IRONMAN!! 
I really cannot believe that it's already here, I don't think he can either since he has been extremely quite and keeping-to-himself all week. It's been a long, hard year of training for him and I think he is completely ready!

Since an Ironman is made up of 140.6 miles, I knew it was going to be a long day for him and I wasn't going to be able to see him very much throughout the race. (I typically try to run around the race course like a crazy-person, to cheer him on and get pictures- but 140.6 miles all over town is going to be hard!) I also knew, this was going to be by far, the hardest race he had ever done- both mentally and physically. 

My sister told me to do that pose with my legs crossed... ya, this isn't awkward at all!
So I came up with a creative plan to hopefully surprise him along the course when I wasn't around to cheer him on. I borrowed a bucket full of chalk from my 4-year-old niece and went to work! My sister and I drove the entire bike course- stopping every mile or so to jump out of the car, hurry and write "GO JASEN!!" with chalk, jump back in the car, and then drive another couple hundred feet and repeat. (I also sprinkled the ground with glitter, but I guess the wind/cars zooming by wasn't the best combination? Who knew?! ;))


 Once we finished the bike course, I went down to the run course with my bucket of chalk and wrote some more "GO JASEN!!"'s. He has no idea I did it, so I hope he sees it and it surprises him! :)

Yes, all my Ironman Mdot's were wrong too. Opps!

No comments:

Post a Comment