Sunday, August 16, 2015

Mountain Man OLY!!

Today was SUCH an awesome day!

I've done a race this race before (and a race recap), so I'll just give you the highlights from today.

*Got there pretty early, set up transition, and hung out with friends.

*While walking down to the swim start with a group of friends, our friend Christian noticed a girl's wet suit was on inside out. He tapped her and said 'I don't want to freak you out, but you've got your wet suit on inside out'. She was with 2 of her girlfriends (who were also racing and had their suits on correctly), and she laughed and thought it was joking. She then asked him if it would make a big deal (being inside out), and he replied with 'I don't want to rain on your parade but...." She didn't seem to bothered by it-- but I did notice her later on changing it-- thank gosh!!

*Had a GREAT swim- felt great the whole time and really pushed it. (Averaged 1:58 and came out of the water 2nd in my age group.)

*Bike was fun- I know the course and know when to push it. But, my front break was rubbing and I had to stop twice to adjust it. Not cool. (Averaged 16.89 and finished 6th in my age group.)
*Felt good on the run- saw a LOT of friends (both racing and spectating) and it was awesome! ((Averaged 10:25 and finished 3rd in my age group.)
*Finished 4th overall. 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' killed it too!
*Grabbed some amazing food with Maria and her family before driving home.
*Once we got home, Carsen and I hit up Baskin Robbins. It was amazing!
*Anyone race this week? 

*What's your favorite kind of ice cream? Chocolate chip cookie dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment