Saturday, February 22, 2014

It's been awhile...

It happened. It FINALLY happened.


I swam yesterday. It was my first swim since Ironman Arizona. I didn't really go into it with any plan, not knowing how I'd do after over 3 months off. I told myself I had to swim at least 20 laps (1,000 meters) and was pleasantly surprised when I was able to swim 32 laps (a mile) without stopping. It felt GREAT! I don't think I've ever had a swim feel as good as this one.

I'm not sure what changed, but I felt so different swimming. I felt like my form was WAY better and I felt like I was going a lot faster than I normally do. (I didn't bring my watch, because I was going into it with no plan.) I'll bring a watch to my next one and see if I really am faster, or if I just forgot after 3+ months off. ;)

Our friend Jon's birthday was a couple weeks ago and we finally planned to all go out and celebrate tonight. Every year for the past 6 years, we've celebrated his birthday by going to Texas Roadhouse and he gets a steak the size (in ounces) of his age (so when he was 28 he did 28 ounces). I think we've hit the point where he just orders a steak now, no extra ounces. ;)

6 years celebrating
For the past few years, I've taken a picture of us there and held up the number of years- everyone laughed about it then, but this year everyone knew when we started because I always hold up the number of years. (Moral of the story: take a lot of pictures- no matter who laughs! ;))

Last year, celebrating 5 years
After dinner we went back to Jon and Sheri's house and hung out way too late. It was one of those nights were everyone just had a good time and my abs and cheeks hurt from laughing so hard. We ended the night with a 4 person selfie:


There are less than 15 weeks until Boise 70.3- anyone else doing this race? 

We are going to NYC in less than a month! Does anyone have any recommendations or tips? 


No comments:

Post a Comment